Monday, July 28, 2008

Online Presentation - Reflection

This project was based on providing teachers with resources regarding Web page design. I decided to create an online presentation about Web page design based on its potential impact that it can have on students. As a former classroom teacher, it is important to maintain organization in a class and effective communication with students and their parents. Web page design is a great resource that can provide teachers with a personal class Web site for their students. Teachers can maintain a class Web site with many great resources, such as the syllabus, class schedule, projects, homework assignments, and much more. Additionally, it is also great for parents to access the class Web site to see what their students are doing in a specific subject.

Overall, I enjoyed creating the PowerPoint presentation and uploading it to SlideShare.com. I can see many great benefits for using this free online resource in the future. For instance, I can conduct a face-to-face workshop and then upload the presentation for other individuals to access. I n fact, I actually did a SlideShare for Dr. Yuen’s IT 780 class in spring 2008 regarding my proposal defense. When I checked on it recently, there were approximately 300 hits. I will continue to use SlideShare in the future to share some other ideas.

Link to my SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/jamathompson/james-m-thompson-free-web-page-design-ppt

No comments: