Sunday, July 13, 2008

Web Searching - Reflection

The first of six assignments in IT 648 was a warm-up for future assignments. Usually, I spend my time researching on the traditional search engines. But for the sake of this assignment, I used Steve Yuen’s Ultimate Search Page. If you are efficient at researching on a particular search engine, then it should not be a problem using another search engine. I found this task to be straight forward and easy to locate various Web sites, college classmates, a professional organization, and a book author. Lastly, I was able to locate the specifications to software that I generally use in my graduate studies. Overall, I found this project as a general review to researching various topics on the Internet. I would rate this project on the easier end based on my research background and experience as a doctoral student. In the future, I could actually design a similar assignment to help students learn how to research. Based on their findings, I can determine if they are proficient or they would require additional tips in how to research on the Web.

No comments: